Day Five - Ethel Lake

On our way from Whitehorse to our next stop, Ethel Lake, we stopped along the road where they have an interpretive trail of where there was a forest fire in 1998. It was interesting and the path lead us to a great view of the river valley.








I guess you could call the road to Ethel Lake a road, but perhaps not entirely a proper one.  It was rough, long and winding. And steep! We lost the brakes on the camper trailer here, and Todd had to remove them once we were at our campsite. 

We had a great time once there and set up though. Three different dogs visited us a three different times throughout the evening and we had a long, relaxing evening between our campsite and the beach. The kids even went swimming. I'm not sure how they do it, as I wore a sweater the whole evening and didn't even consider dipping my toes in. It was a quiet night, and everyone slept well.







Fireweed is absolutely everywhere up north.


This puppers would not let me rest! He wanted to chase rocks thrown into the water. I'm sure I through no
less than 100 that evening.  He even followed us back to our camp and kept looking back towards the 
beach.  I may have given in once or twice.



Comments

  1. Are these your doggies?? I am assuming they are and that they had a fun time. One can see all the new growth but the remains are still there as I can see from that one picture. I bet the lake was cold but kids can swim in anything. I remember swimming in May and having a great time. Now, if I dip my toe in the water at that time I turn into an ice cube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea - looks so much fun - so pleased you were able to get those brakes fixed - good to have a handyman around! Kids - they do what they'll do ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog