Better Late Than Never

It's time for the big reveal!!! I hope everyone has had as wonderful an experience as I did.  

In all my travels around Canada, which are nowhere close to being done, one of my absolute favourite places is Whitehorse Y.T..  It is so incredibly beautiful and I can't wait to visit again someday. It was so fun to receive a package from there and to meet a wonderful new friend, Jessica!

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I knew from the moment I had the parcel in my hands that I was holding something a little extra special.  As I started to take that parcel apart, I had a smile that I felt right to my core. My name had been given to the sweetest 15 year old girl and she had put her heart and soul into that wee package.  There is one thing in particular that you will not see in the photos, a small item that I will treasure for a lifetime. Jessica had taken a quick peek at my blog, and could easily see that I love cats and nature.  Trust me when I say that this girl is an artist and that the print she gave to me of a kitty and butterfly is just too perfect.  Now for the interesting connection - my daughter is also 15 and as some of you may remember, she too is an artist that draws cats.

I wrote the majority of this post long before it was due. I did that knowing that life was about to get crazy, and it did and my blogging hobby took a seat way far back on the priority bus. I owe both Jessica and Stephanie an apology for not quite fulfilling my end of the deal.

I am very sorry that this was the last exchange, but it was so much fun!  A tremendous THANK-YOU! to Stephanie for what has been so much work! And of course, to all the wonderful ladies whose generosity made it a success.






Comments

  1. What a wonderful swap package. That mug is just over the top CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, what a nice gift. I like the mug. I am sure the tea will be delicious too. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is such a sweet package of goodies. A new friend is always the best part. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea - that's wonderful to see ... and lots of goodies. How kind of them ... and cheers to the 15 year old for being so thoughtful ... I'm going to meet up with some friends here who've just had a holiday up in the Yukon and hope to 'see' a bit more through their eyes and publicity bits they picked up - while up there ... I doubt I'll get there ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a lovely gift package. I love the mug! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to Whitehorse and I loved it too! What a great package and sweet gifts. Don't you just love packages and snail mail? So much more personal than email and the internet. Enjoy your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that mug. How neat to get such a special gift as a piece of her artwork. I was sad too about it being the last exchange but I understand why.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things