Sheer Joy!

Here is a series of photos I took of my dog, Bear, as he is running up to greet meet me.


I was just going out to check on my kids, take a few photos and call them in for supper.  Bear was playing on the bales with them, and when he noticed me, launched himself off the bales and started running toward me.


I just love watching him run!  In the last few years of my last dog, Ginger's life, there was no more running and bouncing.  The arthritis had taken that freedom away, and watching her was often filled with more pain than joy.


Bear is just over 6 months old and weighs in at over 60 pounds.  He is a force to be reckoned with.  At this point I am already starting to brace myself for the impact!


I'm loving the one ear up, one ear down look.  He has big floppy ears that will often turn inside out when he shakes his head.


Just look at that face!  He has not started to slow down yet, so I know if he hits me, it's going to knock me over! 


Look at those ears!  I just loved scratching and playing with them.  Bear enjoys it too, and will lay his head in my lap for as long as I'm willing to sit there and massage him. 


Just before impact, I move a foot to my left and he goes slighty past me before reeling around and pushing his head, hard into my legs.  If I don't bend down, and offer him my cheek for a kiss, he will jump.  So, I'm better off to bend down and take the kiss. 
The entire time I'm watching him run to me, I have a huge smile on my face.  Where else will you get such a reaction for just showing up?  If there is a human who feels the same way about me, then they have a lot of self restraint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog