An October Treat



I have a Sister who is obsessed with Autumn and even more so with Halloween. Her birthday is on the 11th of her favourite month of the year, and for some reason, I never have any doubt as to what to get her. This year I designed her a necklace and 3 pairs of earrings to go with it. All done in copper, semi-precious stones and glass, these pieces look great for fall. The dragon's vein agate pendant puts it over the top for Halloween, and is removable for a more subtle look. But since my Sister thinks it should be Halloween year round, I doubt she'll ever take it off.
Now Lynn has a busy lifestyle, working at least 2 jobs, raising 3 kids and taking care of her rather substantial home. But this year, she took the time to come visit me in Cold Lake, only a week before Halloween. She came because she wanted to share in one of my favourite times of the year, and help decorate the house for the occasion. It was a crazy, fun week-end. We indulged in a bit of wine, creme brulee, roast chicken dinner, and of course, crafting. Even when it was time to sit down for a bit, we were crocheting ghosts, bats, spiders, and pumpkins. My kids joined in on the fun too, making all kinds of cut outs for me to hang on my cabinets, and stretching cob webs from one end of the house to the other. By the end of Saturday, my house was officially haunted, and to be honest, even I was a little nervous with the surroundings, when I turned out the lights at night. We went shopping on Sunday, and came home with even more ideas, and crafting supplies.
Monday came too quickly, and my Little Sister had to head back to her own life. And while I know she was sad to leave, she was very excited to get back, and put a lot of those ideas into her own home.
Next year, in July, we are moving back to my Husband's family farm, and the town in which we both grew up, and my Sister and I will be neighbors. What fun it will be to get together much more often, to inspire each other, and share our creations. She will even be my children's bus driver...how perfect is that?

Comments

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things