2014 Wishlist


January 2014


I was feeling very tired and lazy yesterday, and all I felt like doing was playing on my computer.  As I was browsing Etsy, I thought of how long it has been since I've put together a treasury list.  I haven't done one since I closed my own Etsy shop down a couple of years ago. 
It all started with those adorable little owl earrings.  That's how the color theme starts, I come across an item I love, and build from there.  Everything else here was picked based on how it inspires me.  The journal and the pen are obvious, I like to write and it is always a resolution of mine to write more, and learn more about writing. 
The handmade thank-you cards remind me of how I'd like to write more personal letters to friends, and send them via snail mail.  I think of how long it has been since I've received a hand written letter and it has been nearly twenty years.  It was from my Mother, and  now that she has passed on, her handwriting has become a treasure. 
I have had a chunk of raw soap awaiting my creative touch for nearly 3 years now.  Come to think of it, it has probably gone bad.  But I have always wanted to try and make my own.  That dark brown soap that looks like all sorts of chocolate swirled together would look fabulous in my bathroom.  But with a price tag of over $6 bar (not including the shipping), it is a little too indulgent for me.  If I could make my own, I wouldn't have to worry about that.  I have an endless supply of reference material on this subject as well, so I'm really not sure what has been holding me back.
The little brown field mouse watercolor reminds me that I have a gorgeous set of watercolor pencils awaiting me in the craft room.  I really like sitting outside and drawing little pieces of botanicals I come across and those pencils would be great for adding color to my sketches.  The fox and squirrel card reminds me to think out of the box, and do something unique.
I grew a varied selection of herbs in my garden last year and that antique herb chopper reminded me of them.  I experimented with drying my own, and this year I intend to do a lot more than experiment.  I also used a lot of fresh throughout the season, and there really is nothing like picking fresh basil for bruschetta just before the evening meal.
That knitted scarf is a treat!  Again, this piece is to remind to think outside of the box when it comes to my knitting and crocheting.  I've been doing it for years and have only made very basic scarves and afghans.  I think it's time to try something new.
The wooden files drawer inspires me to keep organized and it makes me look forward to garage sales in the Spring.  This is the kind of thing to watch for at those sales and it so much fun to find something beautiful as well as useful.
The brass necklace reminds me of all the vintage jewelry I have, and gets me to thinking of what I should do with it.  There is a new store consignment store in Yorkton that may just fit the bill.
That rustic, spherical globe structure keeps me dreaming and inspired of all the things I'm going to do in my own gardens this year.  It's only January, and I can't stop myself from imagining green grass under my feet whenever I go for a walk.  It doesn't help that it's been hovering around minus thirty for weeks now.
Those shoes are just pretty.  Even though I live where the roads and my driveway are gravel, I still love to wear pretty shoes.  No, heals are not a great option out here, but I do go into the city enough to warrant keeping my eyes open for great deals on fantastic shoes.
The book that has it's pages folded into a butterfly is something I've never seen before.  I've seen many ideas for using old books, but this is unique to me.  I have several old books awaiting upcycling, another winter project.
The hand knit cape is another reminder to be brave and try something new when I sit down to knit or crochet.  Maybe I'll even try a pattern.
That little purse is adorable.  I've considered making little evening bags like this and adorning them with vintage jewelry.  Whether for myself or as an addition to my line of jewelry, I think it could be fun.  It's always nice to try something new.
This treasury is called "My Wishlist for 2014", and it is not just a 'letter to Santa' asking for 'things'.  It is a wish for a lifestyle that inspires me and keeps me feeling healthy and uplifted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog