It's Been Cold...

Home in November
I suppose it doesn't really matter that I haven't blogged since the end of September, but seeing as how I had all sorts of ideas to write about here this winter, (and I was really looking forward to it), and winter is nearly 1/2 over, I am left wondering, "What happened?".  
For the first time in my life, winter is passing by quickly for me.  It is very hard to believe that we are already half way through January and I seriously have to start thinking about ordering seeds, and making room for my grow lights.
All the plans I had for my long, dull winter seem to have fallen by the wayside.  The main difference between this and past winters, is that I go outside every, single day at least once, and often more when the weather is decent.  I have my dog, Bear, to thank for that.  He's far to large and furry to be an indoor dog, and he's great at keeping coyotes and other animals off our property.  So to give him the socializing he needs, as well to get the doggy love I need, I  have found myself experiencing everything this winter has thrown at us.
The hoar frost this year has been amazing.  The dampness in the air made it feel a lot colder than I'm used to, but it was worth it.  The farmers are saying that for as many days as we had hoar frost we will have rain in the Spring.  So if that's true, it's going to be a wet one. 
Today it is -25*C and -31*C with the wind.  Very cold indeed.  But by tomorrow afternoon it's is supposed to be 3 above.  I really wonder how they figure that out?  One thing you can say about Canadian weather, it sure does keep you on your toes.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog