Rainwater Runoff

It was fun to watch how our yard handled a half inch of rain in a little under a half hour.  When planning our landscaping, it is essential we know what rainwater does.  In our case, we're lucky.  The water all flows a nice distance away from the shop and the house, through a nice little ravine in the grass across the driveway and into the ditch.  The only thing that needs attention is the driveway.  We cannot change where the water goes, but we can change how fast it drains.  We don't need a massive mud puddle in our driveway for days after a rain, although my kids would disagree.
As for that natural ravine in the grass, I can easily envision a dry river bed running from the driveway, all the way down to the ditch.  How many years will that take me to do?  A few I think.  I've already started eyeing up a few rock piles from which to start my harvest. 
We are currently working on building our garden shed.  A much needed building in order to get organized before winter.  After that, well, we'll see how the weather treats us.  There are a few more projects we would love to get done before the snowfall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog