Change on A Cold Morning

Okay, so how many of you out there enjoy eggs in the morning?  And how many times has your egg tasted like fish? Yep, it's a thing, and no, it wasn't bad.  I mean, it tasted awful, but by way of nutrition, a fishy egg is actually good for you.  It is more than likely due to the chicken's diet being high in Omega 3's.  I'm all for nutrition, but if all my eggs start tasting like the one I choked down this morning, I'm switching brands.

To top off that yucky start to the morning, I went out for a walk, and realized it was way colder than I originally thought.  But Bear was looking forward to the stroll, so I continued on. I also wanted to try the camera on my new phone.  

A few days ago, the camera on my Nokia Lumia Windows phone just up and died. I wasn't due for a new phone until the Fall, and I thought, "Well, no big deal, I can live without a camera on my phone, I have my DSLR." To make a long story extra short. I was wrong.  An hour into the morning, I decided I needed to get a replacement. 

I was very disappointed to learn that no service provider carries any type of Windows phone.  I just love the Windows operating system and interface;.  I could order one from the U.S. for $500, but that seems unreasonable when I could get one free with a relatively short contract of two years. So, I am now the proud owner of an LG G5 Android smartphone.  I try not to compare it to my Windows phone, but it really is rather difficult.  I imagine over time that I will get used to it and forget about my former obsession. We'll see.

However, the camera is wonderful.  It shoots RAW, and I can even process those images right on the phone.  That's amazing!  I'm pretty sure this camera will eventually make up for what I miss about Windows. Did I mention it also has a wide angle lens?  Perfect for all those walks in the country. 

Here are a couple of shots from my chilly morning walk.



Comments

  1. Hello, pretty scenes. It does look cold there, BURR! I hope you enjoy your new phone! Have a happy day and weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrea! GREAT photos with your new phone camera! How exciting to try out the different features!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like that camera works JUST FINE!!! Have fun playing with your new "toy" and I'll look forward to seeing all the lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Andrea, your new phone does take great photos!These are great and the 2nd one is particularly stunning! Have fun with that!!!! :) linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Andrea, your new phone does take great photos!These are great and the 2nd one is particularly stunning! Have fun with that!!!! :) linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wide angle lens is something I've wanted for a while. To have one in your phone would be perfect! Love that second photo of the COLD marsh. Oh, those muted colours describe your weather well. Our snow is long gone (most places), and we are having rain this morning. Cold and wet, but not as cold as where you are. Enjoy your weekend,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fishy tasting egg would not bide well with me either - I take Omega supplements and they have no aftertaste.
    Too bad your phone camera died but it sounds like a much better one you have now! I didn't know there were smartphones that could shoot Raw - and a wide angle lens sounds perfect for outdoor photography.
    Still looks pretty wintry but spring is here - somewhere. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not eating a fishy tasting egg, no way! As for your new phone, it is always so hard to get used to something new like that. I do love the photos you took so the camera is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brr.....I do like that 2nd shot a lot & congrats on that new phone. The camera takes wonderful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new phone and I think you will love it. The photos certainly are gorgeous. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos Andrea! Enjoy your new phone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things