Snow Covered Spruce

For the past few weeks, I've had this crazy notion that I wanted to hand paint all of my Christmas cards. I couldn't get the idea of snow-covered spruce trees out of my head, and so I headed over to Youtube for a quick tutorial.  I had to improvise a little, as I don't own professional supplies, and I've now got 15 little pictures done, ready to matte and place onto cards.  I can't tell you how much fun I am having painting these little trees,

I've handmade cards in the past. One year, I drew a few different snowman scenes, then I made several copies and coloured them to adorn my cards. I've used my stamp collection to make sets, and I have a Cricut machine which was fun to use one year.  

In the past few years, I have truly enjoyed the process of making and writing out these cards, then shipping them off.  I would love to add more of my blog friends to that mailing list, so please send me an email with your address if you enjoy receiving Christmas cards.



Comments

  1. It would be really wonderful to receive a card of yours, darling Andrea, I'm sending you my address at once !

    Wishing you a most lovely day, today,
    with utmost gratitude

    XOXO Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, these are just lovely....I wish I could paint. I've given it a try but it just does not come naturally to me at all. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful cards Andrea. I've sent you an email, too! Blessings to you on this holiday season. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such talent, Andrea! I love your hand painted snowy trees! They will make sweet cards!
    It's great to have lots of fun rather than seasonal stress about now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think creating cards is fun! I love doing it and would love to partake and can send you one of mine in return if you like:) These cards you created are sweet and well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, they are lovely cards. The snow covered spruces are beautiful. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, those cards are just amazing. I won't send my address as it is so expensive to mail things but know that I think they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful Andrea! and such a lovely gesture x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your cards Andrea. That's something that I have been missing - just sitting down and creating something fun with no stress. You did a beautiful job. You should already have my address but if not, let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful Andrea you could sell them!!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea - as you were in Canada and had that snow I wanted to see what I was in for .. fortunately it's only raining here. Those cards are lovely - I don't want the snow here .. but know it'll be beautiful when it arrives - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  12. As one who lives among the pines..the Whispering Pines of course!..I think those are so beautiful and I'll send you my address! You've inspired me to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice your blog and article. I like this blog thank for sharing.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♥ loved, loved, loved the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks. This is my problem since a long time. But i didn't try yet now.
    gclub

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things