Green Tree Trunks

We've had some rain here lately, and its the kind of rain that thoroughly soaks everything. Now, I've lived near poplars my entire life and I don't ever remember noticing this.  Just look at those trunks! They are the brightest shade of green. As they dried, they turned back to their regular white. I pointed this out to my husband, and he had never noticed this either.  Now every time it rains, I will be checking to see if the trunks are green.
 
I did nothing to these photos.  They are just straight shots, no special filters or enhancements.  Actually, I think the green was a little brighter than this when looking at it, but here you go.
 

Comments

  1. Hi Andrea - I'd check out whether they are diseased .. though I don't like to bring that news via a comment - but it might be sensible - and worth doing - so other plants aren't infected. Cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/s-for-sheep.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the green. I do hope the trees are not diseased. You'll have to keep us posted.
    We are having a very rainy day today. I hope you have a nice afternoon and new week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mature orchid roots do that same thing. When you water them they turn bright green. As they dry they go back to the usual silvery white color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen trees like this before. I hope they will thrive in this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've practically got a rainbow going on out there in your little wood - haha!!
    Have a lovely week Andrea.
    Wren xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I have not seen this. I hope they are ok. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...they really do stand out! We have been having tons of rain here too and everything is SOGGY to say the least. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andrea, very observant of you and wise to check this out. Poplars are a lovely variety of tree.
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen poplars turn green from rain but cells that are waterlogged may react differently. Rather unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's amazing all the beauty we can find in nature ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things