Retreating Back to July

I guess January is getting me down.  It has been so unbearably cold, and even though I have been outside everyday with the exception of one this past week, I have not enjoyed my time out there.

I decided I needed to see photos of my gardens and yard.  The severity of the differences between seasons is surreal.  I've lived here all of my life, and still they amaze me.  

Unfortunately, the only season that seems to linger on forever is Winter.  I wasn't ready for it this fall, and I'm already aching for it to end.  I know I'm not alone. 

It sure has improved my mood to see these photos, and remind myself of the impermanence of this cold period.  It will pass, and I will feel lighthearted again.  Sooner than later, I hope.

I am sharing this post HERE for Roses of Inspiration.  Thank-you so much Dear Stephanie for hosting.












Comments

  1. Hello, lovely images of the garden and flowers. I like teh cute bicycle holding the flower pots. You have a lovely yard. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful images! Your garden is lovely. Makes me miss living in a house with a yard and flower beds (yay for apartments). This spring I still intend to try and surround myself with flowers and fresh greenery (potted plants!). I can't wait for the cold to end!

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful garden and lawn. No wonder you miss it.

    4 seasons here also. Very cold now. I don't like going out in it. But find it cozy, to be in and snug. So, I'm not fed up with winter, yet.

    That comes, around March... When winter is hanging on and hanging on. And I just get sick of it. Not really longing for summer. But sick of winter. If that makes any sense. :-)

    Do whatever it takes, to bring yourself to 'your happy place,' during this cold season.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hear you on the cold---it is presently -4* and blowing snow. I really love your backyard.

    Spring doesn't come here to western NY until May--or near the end of it. Summers are pretty mild...but we do get 4 seasons here.

    Hope you have a Happy Tuesday regardless of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see what you mean! What a contrast of seasons & what a beautiful garden & yard you have created! I love all the stone boulder borders you have made! Yes, Summer needs to linger longer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower pictures are ever so lovely, my friend, and soon your flowers shall be smiling brightly. Winter is a beautiful month, but it is indeed long. We have had some very cold days, but this week it has warmed up quite a bit which is nice.

    Have a beautiful afternoon, sweet Andrea. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enchanted garden you have, my darling, it makes me feel so cheerful to see some Summer pictures of such a wonderful, relaxing place !
    Thank you for sharing this beauty, my lovely !
    Have a wonderful remainde of your week
    sending love to you
    Dany

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog