A Moment of Reverie

The photo has little to do with this post.  I couldn't find an accurate photo on the web of the snowflakes falling here today, but I came across this pretty little scene and decided to nab it.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a name to give to credit to.  Suffice to say, it wasn't me that took it as I have most of the photos on my blog.




Back to my point. After I had fallen on my face several times while attempting to snowshoe in freshly fallen and drifted snow, I dragged my butt to my garden swing to spend some quality petting time with my dog.  It was very quiet at this point, snowflakes drifting down slowly and landing in Bear's fur.  A big, fluffy black dog speckled with snowflakes is beautiful enough, but upon closer inspection, I noticed that the tiny individuals were shaped perfectly like a six petal flower.  And I do mean perfect, and not just the odd one, all of them.  With the way they were landing in and on the tips of his fur, they created a delicate, miniature flower garden.  It's really too bad I didn't have my camera with me.  Not to say I would have done the scene justice with my photography skills, but it would have been nice to try.
Maybe you would like to hear less about delicate, graceful snowflakes and more about the not so delicate and graceful girl behind this post.  First things first, I'm not athletic.  At all.  I can walk, but that's about it.  And after today, I'm not sure I'm holding onto that skill all that well.  In my defense, the snow was fresh, deep and damn near impossible to see fluctuations in.  I fell off a 3 foot drift. Yes, I measured it.  I truly did not see it coming, just putting one foot in front of the other, and then in one step there simply was no ground and it was too late to pull back.  I'm sure there was a small instantaneous prayer that it was only going to be a few inches, but alas, the higher power could respond that quickly and down I went.  At least it was a soft landing.  The falling and the landing was the easy part.  Getting up was another story.  I was quite buried, and when Bear noticed I was down, it was his opportunity to make matters worse by jumping on my back.  It took some time, but I managed to stand up, put myself back together, find my toque and such, and start trudging along again.  There were a few more falls on the way back home, but none so dramatic as the first.  By the time I got back to the yard, fed the birds and landed on the garden swing, I was spent.  Literally too tired to think, it was then that I noticed the beautiful snow garden forming on Bear's back and after a brief moment of reverie, I realized I was hungry.  And just like that, the beautiful moment was over. 

Comments

  1. If it helps I would have been right there with you. I can barely walk, in snow I am not sure I would even be able to stay on my feet.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog