My Own Jewelry Collection



This collection has only been recently started. Last year, I came across a necklace on Ebay, and I just had to have it. It turned out to be, for the price, of exceptional quality and detail. I was hooked, and suddenly found myself researching vintage and older costume jewelry. I found out that there are a lot of people with the same fascination, as there was plenty of material out there to read, and I am still reading. I've purchased entire lots, just for one single piece. The others, though beautiful in their own right, ended up in my Etsy shop. Although, I have to admit, there have been a few that ended up back in my drawer, and there have been a couple that I regret selling. I only hope I come across them again.
The brooch in the photo is by Trifari, and that seems to be my favourite brand. I am definitely not a 'brand' person. But time and time again, I am drawn to the designs that Trifari put out. This molded glass brooch is one of several pieces I have now, and most of the pieces I have decided to keep are either unsigned or Trifari.
These pieces are not just for collecting. I wear my jewelry. I wear all of my jewelry. The vintage pieces, handmade items either by myself or others, fine jewelry my Husband has given to me, and pieces I've inherited from my Mother. I will often pick out jewelry first, and then the clothing that compliments it, and when I shop, I always think about my jewelry and whether or not that top will wear well with it. Or if the material will hold up to the heavy brooches made from the 20's to the 60's.
As any collector of anything knows, it is the thrill of the hunt. The best finds being where you least expect them, and for a phenomenal deal. I cannot wait to see what those summer yard sales will bring. Probably another collection, that will take me in a whole different direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things