The Loss of a Friend


 On December 11th, 2021, we lost our Bear. It's hard to believe that 5 months has passed already. There is still way too much space in our house without him. Eventually, we will adopt another dog to help fill that void in our life. My husband and I are nearly empty-nesters, and the house is too quiet. Going for a walk seems pointless without our best friend. I can take walks with my husband but walking by myself is still unbearable. I'm at the point in my grieving where I no longer forget that he's gone. Thinking of him brings on an overwhelming wave of grief, but it's not quite as bad as it was, and I can even, once in awhile, remember him and smile. Having lost several animals during my life, I know I'm on the right path in my grieving process, and that eventually all that will be left is the wonderful memories.

Comments

  1. I. So sorry to hear that you lost your beloved pet. It is tough as we just lost our Wallace 2 weeks ago. I expect him to be around almost every corner. He was over 13 with Arthritis and cancer so we had to make that decision. It landed on the day I started my new job so I couldn’t be with him but my hubby said it was meant to be so I would not hurt so. In time it does get better but the pain is there so I give you hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am sure that it will take a lot of time to adjust to life without him. It's never easy to say goodbye. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart hurts to hear your sad news! Bear was a loyal and wonderful friend and companion. He brought so much joy to your lives and and I know you did the same for his! Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things