All The Fur Babies

Anyone who loves animals and has one or several of their own understands how remarkable a relationship can be with these furry beings.  Each of these critters has their own special story and their own unique personality.  Not unlike children, what works for one will not work for the other.  We get to know them so intimately that we can tell from the slightest sound or motion they make if something is not quite right.

Animals have always been in my life, particularly black cats.  Sooty is my third black kitty.  He follows in the footsteps of Zeke, the first that was given to me as a newborn.  I had Zeke until I was 17 years old.  A few years went by before I adopted a 3 year old black cat that I renamed Zeke Junior.  Junior was with me from the time I was 20 until I was 37 years old, another 17 years.  It took me a little while to get over the loss of that one, but then one day my sister invited me over to see her litter of 8 kittens. One was grey and 7 were black.  I have never seen anything so wonderful.  I giggled with joy playing with these tiny black fuzzballs.

After playing with them for a while, one of the wee black fuzzballs climbed onto my foot and curled up as if to have a nap there.  I scooped him up and put him on my shoulder next to my neck.  I didn't go to chose a kitten that day, but that little fella chose me, and so shortly after tea with my sister, we drove to the vet to have him looked over. And, so now here he is, my third.  

Of course there are wonderful stories about the other 3 fur babies shown here that I will save for another time, or perhaps their story is already somewhere on this blog - maybe this is even a repeat.  I can't keep track of all that I write here, and I suspect that none of you will notice if I do repeat myself or mind if I do. 

Being the most picturesque of the beings in our house, I have more photos than I know what do with, but here are a few of my recent favourites.

Bear

Crush

Georgia Winifred

Sooty

Comments

  1. Hello, the furbabies do makes us happy. I love your cute Bear and the kitties. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Andrea...these are precious photos of your fur babies! We have a stray black cat who lives most of her life walking across our back yard...just to make our two doxies go crazy, I have no doubt! Our pets add so much to our lives, don't they? Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 4 cats and a dog and I can’t imagine not having an animal. Your pictures are sweet and I love that your black fur ball chose you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! They chose their owners wisely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your Georgia Winifred has got an interesting mouthful there! Our life is certainly all the richer for our crazy poodle even if he is causing a bit of a dilemma as to whether we are going to be able to keep him happy with everyone's comings and goings this year! Your photos are lovely.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you met your match yet again! Love your big ol' dog ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ....CRUSH is gorgeous as is Bear, Georgia and Sooty, but I admit, I am partial to ginger kitties!!!

    Looks like Charlie Brown's tree is facing a bit more trouble. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how adorable Andrea. Your fur babies are a delight and just make life better. I love your photos and the way you have captured their sweet personalities. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. It is always a joy to have you visit. Have a great new year ahead my friend. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your photos Andrea. They are special aren't they? I don't know what we'd do without them. They make both my husband and I laugh daily as I'm sure you experience also. I love Sooty's story, you didn't stand a chance LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Those Colourful Fuzzy Things