A Pretty Table Topper

Over the years, I've always admired any fall display with cotton in it.  I've seen it worked into wreaths, put into vases, and used as a bowl filler.  But alas, I do not have access to cotton plants.  What I do have though, are thistles and plenty of them. 
 
I'm not sure why it took me this long to figure out that they have a similar looking texture to cotton, but yesterday it struck me.  Unfortunately, the little seed heads are too delicate to work into a wreath, but they stay put in a vase. 
 
I used a few dead branches from an old caragana shrub, (I like the texture) to give the arrangement a focal point.  Then, I just went around snipping the seed heads into the vase, and Voila!, I've brought some of the Autumn beauty into my home.
 
I noticed a few other interesting seed heads forming out there.  I will have to start carrying my snippers around with me on all my strolls.
 
They look so pretty in the morning with the frost and dew on them.

The flowers and their follow-up fluff line fences around the acreage.

I thought it made for an interesting
addition to this corner display.

A close-up.

Comments

  1. Beautiful idea Andrea, it looks wonderful. Happy Fall.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog