I Love You to the Moon and Back

The Moon on July 2, as seen from my deck.  (not quite full)
Although a day shy of being full, the moon was beautiful lastnight.  I was lucky enough to have my sister-in-law over to give me a few tips on how to photograph it.
 
I have been trying to get some photos of the awesome lightening we've been experiencing, but without success.  The moon was a much more forgiving subject, as it stayed in one place long enough for the camera to capture it. 

We've all seen amazing photos of the moon before, but being able to catch this much detail with my little camera was very satisfying.

Most have heard the saying, "I love you to the moon and back".  In my family, this saying has taken on a life of its own.  We go on and on getting more creative each time and competing to see who can get in the last words.  It usually goes something like this: "I love you."  "I love you to the moon and back."  "I love you to the moon, go around 100 times, and then back."  "I love you to the moon and back a million times."  "Yeah? Well, I love you to the moon and back infinity."  That one is pretty hard to top.  Many times we start including distant planets, or places far beyond the Milky Way or imaginary (most likely) places somewhere off in our vast universe.  Like I said, we can get pretty creative.  The kids get especially wordy when they don't want me to leave their bedrooms in the evening.

The moon is full tonight.  But, we are supposed to have thunder storms.  Either way, I will be out there playing around with these new found settings on my camera.  Maybe I will even set up the tripod and the remote control to get an even sharper photo.  There has also been a very interesting critter visiting the petunias on my deck every night.  A hummingbird moth has got to be the sweetest bug I've yet to meet, and I would just love to get a photo of him for my blog.  I even seen a firefly lastnight, but I think that unless there were hundreds, it would be very hard to capture on film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog