A Favourite Pastime



Combing the beaches of Cold Lake near our home is one of our favourite things to do. The first nice day after a bit of a wind storm is always the best time go. A fresh supply of beach glass and new, polished stones are there for us to chose from, and to add to our, getting rather large, collections.
People often associate beach glass with ocean beaches, and I've met quite a few people who are very surprised when I tell them that I have a large supply of glass from the tiny little beach right beside the Marina.
The collection looks fantastic diplayed in a nice jar, but the plan is to eventually create some jewelry from the various pieces. It is good to have a wide variety of shapes and sizes to chose from when creating a piece.
For the longest time, my little ones scoured the beaches with me and gave me their finds to add to my collection. But they have recently asked for their own jars and have started up their own little collections, and I will have to be replacing their jars for larger ones very soon.
We'll be taking a large break from our favourite pastime soon, as the beach will be covered in snow for months. That will give us some time to create some art with some of the wonderful finds.

Comments

  1. I love combing the beaches for glass and stones (as you know) too, and it was one of my favorite childhood activities. What a fun thing for you to pass on to your children. Right now I have some of my special pieces displayed in vintage blue-hued mason jars and they look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog